Lunae Tritium: The Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trinity Valderin

Go down

Trinity Valderin Empty Trinity Valderin

Post  FlightlessFledgling Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:44 pm

A picture will go here once I finish it!

Name: Trinity Valderin

Nickname: Trini

Race: Angel (Grim)

Age: 24 (in appearance at least, though she is still quite young for an angel)

Height: 5' 5"

Weight: 100 lbs (she has to be light or else she wouldn’t be able to fly)

Job:
--To pass judgment upon the land and to collect information for her people. (LIKE A SPY!)
--Assassination tasks have little effect on her emotionally because all beings are faceless to her, except those she touches.

Feats:
--Despite her blindness, she has made it from the beginning to the end of the Great Forest without hitting a tree.
--
--
--
More to come! Very Happy

Affiliations:
--She is associated with other angels and beings of the sky. She is a pawn for an evil organization, but does not realize it, nor does she really care because they give her tasks to do and she loves traveling.

Personality:
Trinity comes from a lesser known lineage of angels, the Valderin family, but that does not stop her from feeling satisfied with her current social status. She tends to get butt-hurt and embarrassed easily, especially when proven wrong, or when something does not go as she originally planned. Though she does not look it, she is somewhat of a perv who exploits the fact that she cannot see to get where she wants and what she wants.
(Okay, that made her sound like a harlot, but she isn’t! She does however find awkward ways to twist people’s words and then make them feel uncomfortable about it.)
At times, she is somewhat of a demanding loudmouth, but typically saves this attitude for missions or people who find a way to offend her. Offending her isn’t actually that difficult. She is very particular about her wings and their beauty, as are most angels in the Valderin family, so one off-remark about them could easily send her into a butt-hurt rampage. Then again, complimenting her wings will send her in an entirely different direction. Attention men, she loves flattery! Wink

Weapon Style:
--Long, jagged, green spear named Arani
--She since she cannot see, she likes having a bit of range.
--Outside of battle, she often pokes it around in front of her to help maneuver herself around obstructions in her path. Better watch out! She has accidentally stabbed people by using her weapon in such a petty fashion.

Special Abilities:
Notes:
--Because she is blind, she uses her other senses to get about her daily life. Her ears are especially helpful to her, as the sound of the air moving around an object from her wings is enough to warn her of its presence.
--She uses Earth-type magic and has some what of a resistance to Earth-based attacks

1. Angelic duster- A fine powder is scattered on the ground around the enemy’s feet. The initial dust storm decreases visibility and can be abrasive if the wind is fast enough. Once the dust settles, Trinity is able to feel the enemy’s movements as long as they are in contact with the earth or as long as the powder is on the enemy….. If Trinity is using olivine as her dust, she can make a field of acicular/needle-like spikes.
2. Power gems-- Power gems are a way to store energy in a crystal. Energy is unleashed in small bursts via crystal stalactites. Trinity’s chosen power gem is olivine, so when she runs out of crystals, she must gather more.
3. Chasm-- The Earth is opened with the strike of a spear ; if the spear is positioned carefully on an unstable hillslope, Trinity might be able to trigger a landslide
4. Elemental Sweep— An earthen attack involving a horizontal low swipe of the spear….
5. Tremor-- Creates minor ground instabilities in the area via earthquakes.

Backstory (Three excerpts from life):
1) Who exactly are the Valderin family? And what is their importance?
The Valderin family is a lineage of angels with a unique extra curve/lump in the bones of their wings. Another way to recognize them is by the way their feathers become gradually more wispy and elongate near the wing tips. The culture from which the family originates finds great importance and pride in the appearance of wings, providing reason as to why they would go through hundreds of decades of arranged marriages to obtain the wings that the younger generations currently possess. The family itself is not in the spotlight of the community as it is neither wealthy, nor poor. The living members of the Valderin family are scattered across the region, but many of them have integrated into a community not more than few miles from the Gates of Heaven. Most of these members live close together or with one another, but they are also known to avidly interact with angels outside of their families.

When Trinity was born, the family was somewhat concerned because they needed a male heir to continue the family name, and well, Trinity’s father was too proud of himself to even ask his brothers and sisters if they had produced a male heir. He always wanted to be in charge of the family’s business and without a male heir, he felt as if the gods were making a fool of him. He eventually got over it as Trinity grew up, but that did not stop him from trying to raise her as if she were a boy. This is most likely how she obtained such a confident and stubborn attitude toward others. On the other hand, Trinity’s mother babied her a lot and always told her how she was special and unique, which is why Trinity adores compliments and gets butt-hurt easily whenever she is unable to have things her way.

2) Why I am blind:
Stepping into the tallest, most decorated building bordering the Gates of Heaven, Trinity looked confidently at the man who appeared before her. Today she had finally decided to take on the job of passing judgment upon residents in the world directly below her own, but first, she knew she had to leave prepared; she had to leave in the strongest state available to her as a Grim Angel.
“Ah, another young Valderin. Let’s see what must happen to you before I can grant you the power given to privileged Grim Angels. As you probably know, you must sacrifice something of great importance, otherwise you cannot proceed any further in your journey.”
“Yes, I understand, sir,” Trinity remarked in a calm voice, keeping her wings tucked closely against her body as she bowed her head politely to acknowledge the man that stood before her. “And this is why I have come here with something already in mind….” “Oh, so I don’t have to choose for you?”
“No, no, sir,” Trinity remarked, adverting her purple eyes to her superior’s feet.
“I have plenty of options for you if you are not entirely sure.”
Trinity looked back at the man, raising the confidence in her voice by one level. “Sir, I’m positive I know what I wish to give up!”
“Well, then what are you waiting for? Tell me, girl!” the man stared at Trinity in amusement.
“I wish to give up my eyesight in exchange for a weapon and more power. That way I will not show any bias toward those I must pass judgment upon!” She stood there silently, with her fists clenched tightly at her sides. She had already said what was on her mind and knew that she could never take it back.
The man cackled in amusement, until he was nearly choking on the feathers that had fallen from his wings during his momentary flight. “Girl, how are you going to get home from here? Hahahah~ You might end up in the wrong house!”
Trinity scowled a little, her face reddening a little more each time the man let out another laugh.
“Very well then, if that is what you wish… I do commend you for not giving up eating. Hahah some rookies think they can pass that across me! Don’t they know that we angels don’t need to eat to begin with? Some of us just choose to. Isn’t that right, Trini?” “Trinity,” the girl corrected him with a stern look upon her face.
“Trinity, you must now step into this area and let the pain surge through your body. Once it is gone, you will no longer have your eyesight, but you will have power.” The man led the girl to an apparatus full of magic binding rings. “Now, you must remove all articles of clothing because they will do you no good here.”
Trinity scowled at him again, fanning her black wings out threateningly. The man made a similar facial expression back at her, but left his wings in a resting position. “Calm your feathers, girl! It’s not like I’m going to look,” he remarked as he turned away, sighing and making some stark remark about how fussy some of the rookies were about this stage of the process. “Just step into the container when you are ready and let me know.”
Trinity did as instructed and then hollered to him. “I’m ready, but don’t look!---Aaaah! What in heaven’s--” The magic binding rings wrapped tightly around her wrists, ankles, and stomach. “Owww, this really feels awkward yah know!”
“I didn’t say it would be comfortable,” the man remarked as he proceeded to mumble words to activate the binding rings. He immediately knew his spells worked the moment the room filled with ungodly shrieks of pain. “She’s quite the screamer…” he remarked in amusement. “I like it…” After several minutes of unknowingly humming along with the screaming, the man looked down at his wrist for a moment and then smirked. “I think she’s had enough fun for now.” A simple utter of angelic words from the man caused the entire binding ring system to shut down. Trinity dropped immediately to the floor.
“E-e-everything is so black!” she exclaimed in surprise.
“As it should be,” her superior chuckled.
“!!!” Trinity folded her wings against her back and curled up as much as she could to conceal her nakedness. “Don’t look at me!” she shrieked in embarrassment.
“I’m not looking at you. Or am I? How do you know I’m that I’m not looking at you if you cannot see me?” her superior chuckled.
“Stoppit!” Trinity wailed as she buried her super red face into the protection of her arms.
“Heh, I told you I wasn’t going to look, girl, so do you think I am now?” Her superior asked. He did sort of have an urge to look, mainly for amusement purposes as he could hear fumbling around as Trinity tried to remember where her clothing was placed.
“I don’t know!” Trinity wailed as she frantically stumbled around the room, feeling for her clothing.
“Do you need any help?”
“No! I’m fine!” Her hands finally grasped onto what felt like cloth. “Ahah!”
“Why, hello there,” the man said in the most noncommittal tone he could offer.
“Kyaaaaaa! You bastard!” Trinity exclaimed.
“What? Can you not tell that I am still facing the other way?”
“Hmmm? Oh! Yes, yes I can….” Trinity remarked, running her fingers through her supervisor’s feathered wings. “Oh wow, I never realized how soft wings actually were,” she remarked as she felt up the bone of the wing until her hand touched his back. “Oh, er, sorry!”
“Here’s your clothing,” the man remarked again in a noncommittal tone, throwing the clothing over his shoulders so that Trinity could easily take her clothing back.
“Please tell me that you can dress yourself,” he remarked in amusement as he heard Trinity stumbling around again.
“Yeah, I can! I used to close my eyes and try to do things like get dressed in the dark all of the time when I was little! This is a lot easier!.............You can turn around now, sir!”
“Heh, I’m impressed….Well,” he picked up a large green spear and handed it to her, “This is for you, I guess you deserve it….Just please remember one thing as you’re getting used to your new life. Rely on your other senses; it will do our people no good if I find your body a feast for monsters and your wings a prize for the black market.”
Trinity shuddered a little at the gruesome thoughts he provided, but then nodded her head. “I promise I will!”

3) Who I am associated with:
Trinity is associated with the organization SERAPHIM Specialized Eradication Forces in Mainland (SERAFIM if you are particular about your spelling). As implied, this organization coexists with the world below the heavens, but its members primarily report to the sky (headquarters) for reinforcements, plotting, and missions. Its main leader Seryth is known to the humans, elves, and other populations below the heavens as an evil and greedy man who readily exploits the weaknesses of others. Seryth has a unique mix of wings; they are dull brown in color with peppery white specks focused mainly on the downy feathers. All wings possessing a similar speckly appearance have been dubbed as “Seryth” wings in his honor. Such an honor makes sense as he is revered and looked up to by many angels. If asked, an angel might immediately say that Seryth possesses the characteristics of a well-breed leader: charisma, decisiveness, endurance, confidence, assertiveness. However, his darker side is often overlooked, especially since he is so good at concealing it.
He also has a sneaky tongue, allowing him to use his words to manipulate others. His cleaver play of words keeps him in a position far from any power checks, allowing him to do whatever pleases him. Surprisingly enough, those brave enough to question his authority tend to go missing…. Seryth started SERAPHIM to gain support for his own personal campaign, which focused solely on keeping peace in the lands below, but as he obtained more power, corruption soon followed. This corruption has brought him to plague various regions with random crusades aiming to cripple a range of races and cities. Some of the missions he provides to his followers involve passing judgment upon specific targets; most of the time these targets are innocent people who possess something that Seryth wants for himself (ei. money, property) or show some characteristic that comes across as a threat (ei. young leaders trying to step up about oppression in a village).
Sometimes, when Seryth is bored, he throws magical darts at a map and sends armies to wreak havoc on the area—of course, he provides his followers with a seemingly legitimate reason as to why it must be done.
Such crusades have caused a loss in trust between the sky world and mainland, exactly as Seryth had planned as all of this fighting makes it much easier for him to play his role as the sole savior who will protect all from the fighting. Once all sides are crippled enough by their fighting, he plans on wiping them out and claiming everything as his own to create a universe perfected by none other than himself!

Here’s a snippet to get an idea of her relationship with the organization and its members:
Taking in a huge breath of air Trinity entered the building, not sure whether she should be afraid or not. She had been gone for a few days since the last time she stepped foot into this building, visiting her mother and father, but she had finally found her way back. Getting used to this blindness was a bit tricky for her, but she felt a lot more confident about it after confronting the man whom she intended to visit this very day. Something swiftly flitted past her body, sending a light gust against her face as she took her first step onto the carpeted walkway. Huh!? The woman froze in place, listening carefully to her surroundings, hoping to pick up the sound a second time. She was a bit relieved to hear the voice of another angel moments later.
“Come here, dear Trinity,” coaxed the overly sweet, yet sarcastic voice. “That’s right, just follow the tones of my ever-so-calm voice.”
Trinity took large, slow steps; her wings rustled the slightest at each momentary pause she made every time she put a foot forward. Listening carefully, she eventually made it to the point where she could hear the breath of the other angel hovering within proximity of her. Ah, yes, the warmth of another person, just what she needed to feel. Reaching her hands upward, the blind angel gently caressed the face of the man with her slender fingers, “Oh, Master Seryth,” she remarked in a pleasant tone, recognizing the shape of his cheekbone and the curved bridge of his nose.
Seryth smirked a little; Trinity could feel the muscles in his cheeks move upward.
“What are you so happy about, Master?” she asked him curiously.
“Ah, it’s nothing, young Valderin,” Seryth remarked, taking hold of Trinity’s wrists and then prying her hands away from his face. “So, what did you find out?”
“What did I find out?” Trinity tilted her head in confusion. Master wanted me to find something out?
“Ah! Fool! Do you not remember!? The book! I wanted to know about the book!” Seryth exclaimed, raising his voice impatiently. Trinity dropped to her knees, ducking below the protection of her wings. “I’m so sorry, Master, but I do not recall you ever asking me to do anything!” She jumped a little at the sound of metal striking the ground and then rolling around on the tiled floor. Seryth had thrown a vase, not at her, but close enough to her to get his disappointment across.
“Ee……e,” Trinity sat there trembling on the floor. She was shaking so much that feathers were falling to the ground.
“Hmph….” Seryth hovered over to the distraught angel and placed his left hand upon her head. Stroking the tufts of her hair as if to comfort her, the master took a knee in front of his pawn. “You’re right, I forgot. I never asked you to do anything,” Seryth whispered in his feigned tone of sincerity as he pulled Trinity up into his arms and wrapped his arms around her so that she would think he was giving her a hug even though he couldn’t care any less about her feelings—(let alone the feelings of others). “It’s alright, Trinity, just listen to your Master’s words. Only listen to my words….” While he still had his arms around her body, he swiftly plucked a ripe feather from the bottom of her right wing, smirking when Trinity dug her fingernails into his sides in response to the fleeting sting of one less feather. Setting her gently upright on the floor, he took the feather and brushed it playfully against her nose until she went cross-eyed and sneezed. “Hahahah, if only you could see the innocent look upon your face,” he remarked. “That innocence is what might just get you killed in the world below if you’re not careful!” Just as he was wrapping his arms around Trinity’s body a second time to lift her back onto her feet, two armored angels stepped into the room.
“Are we…interrupting, my lord?” one of them asked, eying the two hugging angels.
“No, of course not, you fool! I’m just taking care of Miss Valderin right here,” Seryth remarked with a ruthless scowl upon his face.
More like treating her as one of your playthings. The angelic officer looked away from the sight before him in utter disgust. He would have said his thoughts out loud, but really was not one to speak in such a manner, especially to his superior. “Well, if you are not busy, I would like to present you with the following. It looks like bones are now being used too because they’re so light-weight and durable.” He reached into a satchel around his waist and tossed a set of daggers and several trinkets to the feet of Seryth. The trinkets, little bundles of black feathers tied by a fine beaded strip of leather, hit the floor with a much lighter thud than the equally as gaudy daggers with a lightweight handle made of bone and a wild display of feathers hanging from it. “By the look of your face, I can tell you understand why I report back to you with these. If you must know, these were found in the busiest marketplace of Lircyn’s capital. You can rest assured that this shopkeeper has met his end.” Seryth stood there silently for a moment, but that soon ended the moment his rage kicked in.
“Remove these abominations before me at once!” Seryth exclaimed, fanning his wings outward in annoyance. As the two angelic knights, picked up the items and left the room, Seryth stood beside Trinity, clenching his teeth and his fists. What kind of fool do those humans take me to be? I’ll show them…. Hear me out. Those humans won’t be laughing much longer. When I rule over them, I will use their arms for my spears and their teeth for my necklaces!
Trinity looked upward in the direction she assumed Seryth to be. Master…. Don’t worry, Master. I’ll make you happy, for you have helped make me happy by giving me quests and somebody to talk to.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum