Lunae Tritium: The Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast, Act II

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast, Act II - Page 2 Empty Re: A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast, Act II

Post  FlightlessFledgling Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:03 pm

Trinity did as instructed, leaping high into the air just before the worm could swallow her whole. She flapped her wings so hard as she flew higher and higher. Several loose black feathers were ripped away from the angel's wings in the cross breeze, but that did not stop her from climbing the sky. Once she felt safe enough, she lowered her wings so that the breeze would allow her to glide at a continuous altitude.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast, Act II - Page 2 Empty Re: A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast, Act II

Post  Hakurei Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:08 pm

The worm turned to hunt Maglor. The worm crawled through the sand, finally lunging at Maglor.
Smiling, Maglor unleashed the lightning that he was saving up. He blasted the worm directly in its gaping mouth. A stream of lightning was released from the elf's hands, filling the worm with pain and burned muscles. When Maglor stopped, the worm dropped, squirming and wriggling, flailing furiously until after a moment, slowed down and stopped.
Maglor panted, nearly dropping to the ground. He couldn't hold himself any longer and collapsed to the ground.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:16 pm

Well?.........Now what? Trinity grew impatient from waiting-- she was also tired of flying as well, so she allowed her body to fall freely back to the ground, obviously using her wings to land carefully once she was within 20 feet of the ground. "........" Her body brushed up against the dead worm as she landed. "........Okay, now where is......?" The little boy ran to her and tugged on her skirt, beckoning for her to follow him as he knew where Maglor was.
".....Now's not the time to take a nap," Trinity said to Maglor as she tugged on his arm. When she realized he wasn't going to get up, she dropped to her knees and sat beside him, but wasn't sure what she should be doing, so she decided that she wanted to get to know him a little better, at least so she could stop imagining him as an angel-- one of her bad habits. "......Hmm, not too bad looking, for an elf that is," she remarked as she caressed his sweaty face with her fingertips.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:25 pm

"......What are you doing?" Maglor asked. "If you are trying to figure out what I look like, please make sure you avoid the burns. They smart." He sarcastically said.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:38 pm

"What is your problem? My angelic touch will heal them," the black-winged woman sarcastically said back. She hadn't the slightest clue where any of the burn marks were, and did not really care. "You sweat a lot...." she remarked, dabbing his face with one of the purple tails of a ribbon on her skirt. Hmmm...... I wonder what his build is like. I forgot, she thought to herself. Actually, she hadn't forgotten, she just needed to feel that she had her own reason to be gliding her hands down his arms. "Er, you're going to get up aren't you, unless...." She smiled a little. "I'll sit on you again."

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:32 pm

"Please stop feeling me up." Maglor said, looking away, blushing a bit. "I can't move."
The boy came closer, not knowing what the heck Trinity was doing. He seemed unfazed by the worm, especially after seeing an elf and an angel in one day already.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:42 pm

“…Feeling you up!?” Trinity gasped with an offended look upon her face. “Now why would I do that!?” She jumped to her feet and stood there with her arms crossed. Then she calmed down a bit, realizing that the elf seriously was unable to move. “….” Handing her spear to the little boy, the angel grabbed onto Maglor’s arm and started yanking on it, flapping her wings madly until she was able to drag him a few feet. She let go of his arm, panting heavily. “Could you be any heavier?” she remarked starkly, wiping the sweat away from her forehead.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Maglor's arm stayed in that position. "I told you." He tried to get up, but failed. "Give me a moment to rest, maybe five minutes?"

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Trinity collapsed to her hands and knees. "But five minutes is too long!" she exclaimed in annoyance as she banged her head against his chest. "...." She realized what she was doing and then stopped. "Well, five minutes doesn't seem too bad, now does it?" she sighed and fell onto her back, kicking her legs onto Maglor's chest. "Ahhhh......... good ole' sand!" she murmured happily to herself as she tossed handfuls of it onto her wings.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:49 pm

Maglor inched away, really annoyed by Trinity's shenanigans. "Don't you dare put your feet on me." He warned the angel.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:18 pm

“Nevermind that!” Trinity exclaimed to the elf. “It’s been more than 5 minutes.” She got up and dusted the sand off her body and then yanked on both of Maglor’s arms until, grumbling, he finally was able to stand up on his own. The angel then took the spear and handed it to him to use as a walking support; she was not in the mood to waste anymore time, especially since the child had started complaining about being thirsty and she had no clean water to give him. With her hands now free, Trinity could pick the boy up and carry him the rest of the way, which is what she did.
The remaining trek to Bandar was a lot easier than the travelers had expected. Yes, there were a few strong gusts of sandy wind that stopped them in their tracks and forced them to retreat behind the few sand-sculpted boulders decorating the landscape, but for the most part, the weather remained pretty calm.
I hear waves…… Trinity thought with excitement just as she had thought they were going to faint from heatstroke or fatigue. “I hear waves!” She screamed in excitement as she took off running in the direction of the noise. Maglor rolled his eyes and decided to let her figure out for herself that the coastline was several feet below a manmade barricade.
“Woaah! That was close!” Trinity exclaimed, using her wings to hold her balance as she stopped on the very edge of the barricade. She looked downward and could hear the water splashing violently on jagged rocks which were at least 15 feet below the ledge.
Maglor just sighed and acted like he didn’t know her.
“The town must be this way,” Trinity said to the boy, and then again to Maglor once she caught up with him.

The first thing that happened to them when they stepped foot into the town caught them off guard. Two men of identical appearance rushed up to Trinity, shoving Maglor to the ground and setting the boy next to him. They whipped out their cameras and took snapshot after snapshot, with one of them occasionally jumping into a picture with the angel to either pose with her or move her body into a more desirable position for their cameras.
“What lovely hair!”
“Such a sheen to those feathers!”
“Very large wings!”
“Too bad the elf isn’t pretty, brother!”
“Come visit us!~ <3”
This all appeared to happen in a matter of seconds, for the two men were gone in the blink of an eye, leaving Trinity standing there completely dazed. The only evidence of their rude entrance was a calling card for an art studio.
“This town is really…” Trinity looked very upset. Her lip quivered a bit. The little boy thought she was going to cry. “GREAT! Oh, those men were so nice! <3” she squealed, clasping her hands together and giggling.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Maglor tried to stand, but he couldn't. He used Arani to raise himself, but barely. His eyes twitched as he brushed himself off. "Once I get my magika back, I'll immolate those two." Maglor muttered, the atmosphere around him literally rising in temperature.

The trio continued into the town center, trying to look for a hotel. The city of Bandar looked ancient, with buildings as white as the sand outside the city limits and palm trees where there was water. Maglor took out a map of the city, looking for where the blade could be.
"Have you heard? The bandit gangs got a new leader!"
"Are you sure? I hope my shipment is safe..."
"I even heard that it's the Emerald Demon."
"What?! Him?! In Bandar?! No. No, no, no, it can't be true...Why would he come here?"
"Are you out of your mind? His first assassination was here! Who knows what target is next. He could be anywhere."

Maglor ignored the idle gossip as he read the hotel names off the map to himself.
"We'll go here." The elf pointed to a tavern nearby on the map.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:34 pm

Trinity was still high off all the attention she had received upon entering the ancient town. "I wonder if all the townsfolk are like that..." she remarked, holding the calling card in her hands. "Um, what exactly does this say anyway?" The words were printed onto the card, not engraved, so the angel had no way of reading it. "How good of a reader are you?" she asked the little boy, holding the card out to him. She still did not want to admit that she couldn't see anything. She had told the boy, but Maglor on the other hand, she didn't want knowing.
(OOC: She's going to be disappointed that he figured that out sooo long ago! lol)

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:44 pm

The boy read the card, but it was filled with so much clutter, sparkles and written in a Cursive so ineligible that even Maglor might not be able to read it. "I...don't know...Um...Renne...Rennai...Red Sauce...Works?"

Maglor was still looking at the map, specifically the aristocratic quarters to find a route there.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:49 pm

"Hmmm? What's the problem?" Trinity asked the boy. "Maybe show it to the elf? Perhaps the nice men can help him find what he's looking for!" Trinity reached out for Maglor's shoulder, but grabbed him in the stomach instead. ".......Oops! Uh, do you want to help the boy read that piece of paper?" She then explained to the elf that perhaps the two men would know a thing or two about Bandar.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:52 pm

Maglor's eye twitched again. He snatched the paper off the boy's hands and read it. "...They run a painting booth called...Ugh, they wrote it so sloppily it could be in another language."

"Umm... Renaissance Paintings...What an unoriginal name." He looked at Trinity. "Why would you want to go there? Unless you want to be ogled by those humans again?"

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:59 pm

"Because I told you! Maybe they can help us get around this city!" Trinity exclaimed indignantly. She lowered her voice to a whisper, "And besides, why wouldn't we take advantage of an easy opportunity to get some help?" Surely those men would help them after giving them so much positive attention. "Just think about it...." The angel said, winking. "Less work for you!"

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:01 pm

"......Fine." Maglor said, defeated. So many times he's been humiliated. Maybe he should stay in the Shimmermist Isles for a bit. Or go with friends during his outings next time.

The trio reached the studio that they've been meaning to go to. It was rather poorly built, almost as if it was built in a day. He looked at Trinity. "I'm not knocking."

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:14 pm

“What… why me?” Trinity whimpered shyly, as she was nudged toward the door. Just as she reached out to knock, the door swung wide open, falling off the hinges due to its poor construction. In the doorway stood the two men. One of the men wore an outfit of a forest elf while the other man wore a frame supporting white angel wings that he had constructed himself.
“Welcome! We had a feeling that you would come~ <3” Both of them exclaimed as they led Maglor, Trinity, and the boy into their rundown studio.
They both ran over to the counter and stepped behind it. “This is our shop!” they said in unison.
“So, elf,” began the man in the forest elf costume. “You have a nice angel right there…. Where did you find her? How much would you sell her for?”
“50,000G starting price~!” the other twin chimed in. “Though, we probably wouldn’t go too much higher because her wings are a bit mediocre compared to what we have seen in the past.”
Trinity’s eye twitched a little. “Excuse me, but what?” she asked in a slightly bitter tone.
“Oh, nothing, lovely~” the man in the angel costume replied.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:19 pm

"She's not for sale." The elf starkly replied. "I wish she was, but she isn't. She merely wants to speak to you......gentlemen." he said the word with pain.
The duo's grin slightly lowered. "Well then, anything for a beautiful sexy *ahem* maiden of the skies!"
"So, what does a beautiful angel desire of us humble painters? <3 Maybe a private session?" The two perked up at the prospect of painting a pretty angel.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:27 pm

"Or perhaps she wants to see the photographs we took earlier!" The man in the angel suit giggled. "We just finished developing them!" He proudly whipped the photographs out from underneath the counter and then proceeded to show them off, while slowly wrapping his free arm around Trinity's waist. "Check out this one.... Oh and this one. But this one is my absolute favorite! Do you like them?"
Trinity didn't know what she was agreeing to. "Yes, yes! Why they are lovely!" she uttered with a fake grin upon her face.
Both men hooted and hollered.
"Um, so anyway," Trinity began, pushing the man's arm away from her waist. "Would you be able to help us?"

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:31 pm

"On picking a photo? I would choose all of them!" The man in the angel costume beamed.
"No, she means that she wants help on how she should pose for our painting!"
"Well..."
The two rambled on how she should pose for a painting while the child looked at Maglor.
"Mr..Tall man, why are those men being stupid?"

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:35 pm

Trinity sighed. She was starting to get a bit annoyed. "No. Let me rephrase my question.... WHAT can I do to get you to SHOW the elf, boy, and me around Bandar as well as answer any questions we may have?" she said very slowly as if she were talking to a bunch of idiots.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:48 pm

The two stopped. "Oh..." Then perked up.
"Well why didn't you say so?" They smiled with unnatural glee.
"Let us get these costumes off, it's better to tour with these cumbersome clothing off!" The two retreated to the back room.
"Did you see that? I used alliteration there!"
"Yeah, I can't believe we can be so close to an actual angel!"

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Trinity stood there, dazed again by how quick those two guys were to flee. "Um, okay then," she said, coughing a little on the dust cloud they had created when they had sprinted off to the back room. Whatever they were doing back there did not take very long, for they returned to their desk in a matter of minutes, slamming the door behind them which broke at the hinges due to its rustiness.
"Gah! I'll fix that later, brother!"
"Not a problem!"
Upon their return, both men were wearing a lot nicer clothing-- matching black tuxedos with a red rose pinned to the right side of the chest. Their choice of clothing was a bit unnerving to the child who still didn't understand why these men were acting so dumb.
"Shall we go, lovely?" The duo said in unison as they each linked an arm with the angel.
"Elf, you still have Arani, right?" Trinity shouted over her shoulder as she was being led off by the two very eager photographers.
"Eheheh, such a pretty angel."
"Indeed. <3"
Trinity's facial expression looked very peaceful. She sighed blissfully at all of the attention she was receiving, and it did not cross her mind once that these people were simply exploiting her for their own pleasure.
"Elf, are you coming?" Trinity exclaimed above the nonstop babbling of the two men.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum