Lunae Tritium: The Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast

2 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast - Page 5 Empty Re: A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast

Post  FlightlessFledgling Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:31 pm

"The man's not going anywhere," Trinity remarked, ignoring Maglor's stark yet logical remark about a heart as she lifted her spear off the ground. "He lives very close to the desert --at least from what I remember-- and he often trades me crystals for other things...." Right as she turned to march away, her stomach growled loudly. "!!! Ugh.... I forgot this was going to happen......" She exclaimed, clutching her belly with her right hand. Sighing, the angel lowered her spear and marched off in a random direction hoping to find another village that they would be welcome to at least for the night. She had chosen this westward direction because she thought that she had felt a light tapping on the ground which might indicate a caravan or plow heading into town for the night.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast - Page 5 Empty Re: A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast

Post  Hakurei Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:50 pm

"And here we go." Maglor rolled his eyes and followed Trinity, not even caring whether the man with the sword is still there or not. Is it even worth the effort anymore? Yes it is. The sword contains untapped power and if he could rip the power out of the sword, the elves could possibly defeat the angels once and for all.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:25 am

Although Trinity had incorrectly predicted the pattering noise as a caravan, she had still managed to wind up in a town. The angel listened closely through the chatter of animals, the rumbling of wooden carts, and the conversations of townsfolk for any noise that would lead her to a restaurant or market area. Through the mess of noises, she heard a loud chiming and some shouting.
“Come here! Come here!” said the voice underneath all of the other chatter. “Come to the Tailwagon Tavern! Food, drinks, and fun! Discounted meals for families!”
Food! The angel walked in the direction of the voice, carefully maneuvering around small clusters of people and sheep. She beckoned for the others to follow her.
“We’re a family right here!” Trinity said, waving her hand at the man. "I'm Mrs. Valderin, that's Mr. Valderin, and this is our adopted son!"
The man eyed them suspiciously. An angel and an elf with a small child? Why that was nonsense! But he said nothing, for he stared at the angel in awe the moment he saw her large pair of wings fluttering in the breeze.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Maglor looked at Trinity with disgust. Even if it was for a discount, how dare she even masquerade as a wife to him, a proud elf with the potential to be one of the Archmages of his country, let alone, his own world. He sighed, swallowed his pride, and went on with it. He tried to smile at the man, except it turned out to be one that looked awkward and forced.
The boy smiled cheerily, happy to be Trinity's "son," even if it was an act.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:24 pm

The man looked at the unusual group. "Why is an angel with an elf?...That makes no sen--"
"--I'll give you this secondary-no wait, make that a secondary and a tertiary if you shut up and believe me," Trinity said in a muffled voice as she pulled out two of her own feathers and held them in front of the man. "They're the softest and prettiest feathers you will ever see in your lifetime," the angel exclaimed unfolding her wings a little with pride. "My husband is lucky." She turned her head over her shoulder, sneering at Maglor a little. Hahah sweet, sweet revenge.... She thought triumphantly to herself.
"Oh, these feathers!" The man reached out and took them from Trinity. "I saw nothing!" he exclaimed as he allowed the trio to sit down in the tavern for a fee of 4 gold coins, the child eating for free.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:05 pm

Maglor facepalmed and shook his head. Of all the things to happen, this has had to be the worst. His sworn enemy, his wife? Unbelieveable. He looked at his food.
"...Is this?" He mumbled as he poked it with his fork.

The little boy didn't mind; he ate his food happily.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:15 pm

"Yes, 'tis de finest dragin' tail you'll ever taste!" Chuckled a drunk man as he elbowed Maglor in the side. "Dey dun call dis here joint Tailwaggin' for nuttin'! Hurrr....."

"Is yours any good?" Trinity asked the boy as she took a mouthful of whatever had been placed in front of her.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:13 pm

The boy nodded and smiled happily.

Maglor looked at his dragon tail with suspicion. Why on Lunae Tritium was dragontail sold for barely a gold piece? Back on the Shimmermist Islands, he had dragontail and each bite was at the very least 50G. No. It's not dragontail. If anything, it was likely a rat's tail and would give him food poisoning. But he had to eat. He closed his eyes and jammed the tail in his mouth and swallowed without chewing. When he downed it, he wretched. He then took out his and and cast another healing spell to get rid of the nausea.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:21 pm

"You are such a baby," Trinity remarked dryly as she heard Maglor's uneasy shuffling and chewing. Personally, the angel did not feel offended by the meal provided to her, as it was just a meal. She would have preferred something a bit classier since angels often dined on delicacies like cake as a past time, but now she did not really care because in Lunae Tritium she had to eat to live. "This is so chewy. It's weird...." she remarked as she took another bite of the mystery meat before her.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Maglor said nothing. He didn't care that he was eating what appeared to be a diseased rat's tail. But it was the angel's fault for such a terrible dinner. "Dear lord, am I ever going to enjoy food ever again?"
The boy didn't know better and enjoyed the food.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:55 pm

"Um, sir, would you like to order something different?" A waiter asked the elf, with a bewildered look upon his face.
Trinity raised her hand. "Bring this angel your best dessert, please." She pointed to the boy as well. "And bring something sweet for this boy too-- but only after he eats his vegetables!" She winked at the waiter.

Last edited by FlightlessFledgling on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:47 am

"I'm fine." Maglor looked away, finally glad to be rid of the food. All that was left to do was to wait.

The boy perked up at the prospect of a dessert, and began wolfing down his vegetables.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:03 am

"If you insist," the waiter nervously replied as he retreated behind the bar into the kitchen.
"Hmmm... I wonder what that was all about," Trinity said to the others as she finished her last bite of what seemed to be mashed potatoes and gravy.
Moments later the waiter returned with two large slices of a sweet pound cake drizzled with a dark chocolate syrup and fresh forest berries. He took the empty plates away from the table and placed the cake before the angel and the boy.
"Are you sure you don't want anything?" The waiter asked Maglor one last time as he worked on balancing their empty plates on his arms.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:18 am

Maglor looked at the waiter. "I am absolutely sure that I require nothing else from this establishment here, and unless you can have the chefs procure for me a grilled Shimmermist Salmon, medium rare, the finest caviar of the Silverwing sturgeon, a steak of the fabled Kresnik Yak, A salad mixed with the spices and herbs of the Fogvale Forest or aged Sentinel wine. Otherwise, I am perfectly fine."

The boy proceeded to scarf down the cake, ignoring Maglor's stream of words.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:29 pm

The waiter sighed and uttered something under his breath about how picky some customers were about the menu as he walked away to greet a new bunch of diners waiting at the front of the tavern. "I wonder why so many people come to this place with such high hopes......" he uttered, still thinking of Maglor's exquisite cuisine.

"Great!" Trinity exclaimed as she practically inhaled her pound cake, eating it almost like a barbarian instead of an angel. "Master isn't here so he cannot tell me how to eat my delicious, mouthwatering pound cake!" Despite her rushed intake of food, the angel continued displaying the proper etiquette that her family had taught her --things like using forks, cutting food into pieces, and making sure that no crumbs left her plate or mouth. Looking in Maglor's direction, the angel asked, "I'd assume we should rest for the night? Are you thinking staying outdoors or paying the rate for a double room at an inn?"

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:18 pm

"Either way, I hope your huge angel frame won't fall on me again." Maglor grumbled. "However, I still would prefer an inn, as sleeping outdoors is no way for an elf of noble birth to rest. Don't bother paying. I'll do it." Maglor stood up and walked to the innkeeper.
"Two rooms. Make sure one is at least two rooms away from the other." The innkeper was skeptical.
"Arn't you a couple?" Maglor paused for a moment.
"Yes, but angel law dictates that angels can marry other angels, so we keep our relation secret. She simply likes to blab it out a lot."
The innkeeper raised an eyebrow, but gave him two keys anyway.

The boy looked at Maglor while he was negotiating. "I don't like him. He's scary."

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:36 pm

Hah, a couple? Trinity shuddered a bit and was at least glad that she didn't have to share a room with the grumpy elf. She told the boy that he could stay with her so that he wouldn't have to be with Maglor. "Um, so where is the room?" she asked the boy after Maglor had pretty much casually tossed her the keys and told her to find the room herself---Well, that's at least how she had interpreted the situation in her mind....

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:56 pm

"It's engraved on the key." Maglor coldly said as he walked upstairs to the the room he was assigned. As he opened the door, he was glad he had a moment to himself for the first time in a long time. "Now to catch up to my studies."

The boy clung to Trinity as he would his actual mother.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:02 pm

"Shut up!" was all that came out of Trinity's mouth five seconds after she had absorbed Maglor's words. Stupid elf, acting like he knows everything, the angel thought to herself as she fingered across the key to find the engraving of her room number. 232....Uh, that's nice, but how am I going to get there without looking like a fool....unless..... She looked down and touched the boy on the head. "Hey, how good are you at counting?" she asked in a sweet tone. "Do you think you can find our room? Here is the number!" she held the key out to the child and pointed at the engraved 232.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:25 pm

"I do." the boy took the key, held Trinity's hand and led her up the stairs. He checked every room, wondering which one it is. It was the one across Maglor's room. He unlocked the door, finding a room the same as Maglor's.

"I just wonder if this is worth it to go to Sentinel with her. Then again, I went on my word and I did learn a bit about earth magic. Sigh..." Looking at the cobblestone floor, he thought about how Trinity manipulated stone. He concentrated on one rock, concentrating the magical energy through his hand to the rock. The rock started to morph up, but only barely. Maglor started to sweat and strained, using all his energy for this experiment. Before the stone could change any more, he stopped, short of breath and fatigued. Earth magic was harder than he thought. Dear lord, how is he going to master it at this rate? Fire, lightning, and ice magic wasn't that hard.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:04 pm

"Oh, this is nice," Trinity remarked feeling the softness of the blankets on the bed with her fingers. This inn was definitely an upgrade from the last one. I kinda want to sit down, Trinity thought, but my body wasn't made to sit on a bed.... Maybe if I...... The angel attempted to sit at the very edge of the bed at an angle so that her wings could comfortably rest against her back. "Hmmm.... Well that seemed to go better than I had planned," she remarked in relief, "but my feathers feel messy again......." She sighed. Not messy feathers....

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Maglor quietly sighed. Looks like he couldn't do it after all. He retired himself to sleep, not knowing what to do now that he exhausted all his magic for today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boy looked at Trinity in awe. He still couldn't believe it. An angel and an elf all in one day. What were the odds?

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:34 pm

"So," Trinity began, trying to lighten up the mood in the little inn room. She stopped for a moment and leaned forward, holding her hand out to invite the boy closer to her side. "Um, I know this is going to sound like a really silly question, but do you think that you'll ever get married some day?" she asked the child while smiling a little. "Er, you call it that too right?"

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:40 pm

"Actually, I don't know. My ma wanted me to, but I just don't know anymore." The boy looked at his toes, focusing on them to dodge the question. He knew that he would get married. At least, if he survived long enough. His parents are gone and he doesn't even know if this angel will keep him as a son. He didn't know what would come next.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:00 pm

"Hah, I tell me about it," Trinity remarked as she swung her legs back and forth like an offbeat pendulum. "I don't know anymore either.... My father," Trinity bit her lip, pausing for a moment, "--He's just, I guess he is looking for somebody that he thinks will be best for me, and I'm not sure if I should be worried or confident in his decision." Trinity paused again; she really felt like spilling her emotions out, but she wasn't so sure if she should be telling a human --let alone a child-- about her personal life. Sighing, the angel said, "With my luck, who knows who I'd be stuck with.... And even if I had a choice, it would be limited. I mean, which suitor in of all the high ranking families would want a mate who cannot even...." she paused and gulped a little, "...see." There, I said it..... She shuddered a little, thinking about what Seryth would do if he found out that she hadn't been wearing the visor very much. She looked down at the boy with a serious expression upon her face. "Please, don't tell anybody! I mustn't let them find out! For my master would be very upset with me....." Urk! Gritting her teeth, the angel froze up for a moment, realizing what she had done. I told him was blind and slightly implied that I was sent down here by somebody........Well, he's a kid, so hopefully it will slip right past him....... She then proceeded to kicking her feet around some more.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next