Lunae Tritium: The Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast

2 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast - Page 4 Empty Re: A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast

Post  Hakurei Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Maglor silently waited for Trinity to charge her gust, contemplating his next move. He realized that what she was doing might be conjuring a spell that affects the whole field or as a blast. He responded to her charging by blasting a wave of flame at her. "Dodge this." He charged another fireball to throw at Trinity when she dodges the flame wave.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast - Page 4 Empty Re: A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast

Post  FlightlessFledgling Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:30 pm

Dodge? But it was too late. The flame wave struck the angel full blast, knocking her backwards. This hadn't messed up her spell however. Ignoring the fresh blisters forming on her arms for the time-being, the angel resumed releasing gentle gusts of powder across the battlefield. The particles drifted gently to the ground, coating everything in a fine off-white powder. It was after the angel had shouted something that the unsettled particles whipped around the area, slightly scraping away at anything in their path.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:50 pm

Maglor covered his face to avoid getting scratched. Because of the flying powder, it would be difficult to use lightning magic. He decided to switch to ice magic. Shaping the ice into a circular disc, he used it to shield himself from most of the sand. But even the shield started to weather from the particles in the air. He started to run to Trinity, both hands emitting frost and ice.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:57 pm

Trinity smirked. It was her turn to inflict pain upon the elf. Clearing her throat, the angel shouted yet another spell command in her archaic language. This caused the greener of the settled particles to burst into a radial array of needle-like spikes, and these spikes littered the battle arena like an active mine field. Heh, I can keep track of his movement while also slowing him down with this spell, she thought confidently to herself.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:10 am

"This is bad." Maglor got sideswiped by one of the needles, hitting him in the side. It didn't puncture, but it slow him down pretty bad. Maglor responded with a barrage of ice spikes aimed at Trinity. The spikes swerved around the crystals to their target. He shot five of them before withdrawing for a bit and hurling the ice disc at her too. "Let's see what she does next," he thought as he planned his next move.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:20 am

Trinity heard the massive chunks of ice flying toward her and quickly responded to the situation by lifting her spear in front of her body with both hands and twirling it. The spinning motion was enough to break some of the ice before it made contact with her skin, thus lessening the severity of the blow. "Ouch!" she complained, picking a sharp shard of ice out of a bleeding gash in her skin. She threw a few of the extra ice shards (that had landed on her cloak) to the ground.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:30 am

Maglor faintly smiled when the ice shards fell to the ground. He raised his hands and flicked his middle finger down. The ice grew to huge crystals and when they grew large enough, burst into even more ice shards, each as sharp as the crystals Trinity made. As the crystals erupted, he readied more fireballs if Trinity jumps.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Trinity felt some of the smaller spikes poking her and also heard some of the larger spikes growing toward her, so she jumped upward taking flight to avoid being skewered. She spread her mighty black wings and flew toward Maglor in a haphazardous zigzagged, spiraling pattern to make herself a difficult target to strike. As she neared Maglor, she extended her spear outward and swung it around, while still using a similar zigzagging flight pattern. I wonder if I can get him to step into some of the spike traps. Right now he appears reluctant to move…

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Maglor knew that he couldn't hit Trinity. He crouched down and put his hands on the ground. He waited for Trinity to come closer so that he could trigger his next move.
"Get over here, come here if you dare try." He sadistically smiled.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:44 pm

Hmmm…. He’s either up to something or asleep…. Trinity thought, noticing Maglor’s sudden silence. She pulled her spear back to her side, changing her tactic yet again. Flapping her wings a few times allowed the angel to boost herself several hundred feet into the air. This should wake him up! The angel leaned forward, allowing her spear to slip through her hands until she had only a grasp on the very end. Once she thought she had a good enough grip on it, her wings froze in place and the angel took a spiraling nose dive toward the earth. “Hyaaaah!” Trinity shrieked as she hurled the spear ahead of her. The spear almost immediately struck the ground and when it did, a shock wave first swept across the area followed by several violent rumbles which knocked over smaller (and older) trees, re-scattered the spikes, cracked some rocks, and moved a portion of the stricken area downward. Trinity landed carefully on the ground. Under her feet a crack was forming and this crack was feeding off of the rocky terrain, growing larger in size.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:56 pm

Maglor fell over and was stunned at this earth-shaping destruction. Out of desperation and curiousity, he withdrew his hands and threw a fireball at the nearest crystal near Trinity.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:12 pm

The fireball struck the crystal, disappearing moments after impact. Unfortunately, Maglor’s fire was not hot enough to disturb Trinity’s olivine power gem. Trinity took a few steps toward Maglor, the ground cracking a little beneath her. She lifted her spear upward and pointed it at the fallen elf’s throat. Covering her mouth as she yawned, the black-winged angel blinked twice. “Well?”

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:17 pm

"Well." Maglor sneakily put his hand on the ground, cooling the earth underneath and staying still. When the ground became colder than a winter in Kresnik, Maglor immediately heated it to a temperature comparable to a summer in Sentinel. The quick heating made the earth under Trinity and Maglor explode and repulse both combatants. Maglor was pummeled by some of the rocks, but he still landed on his feet when he landed.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:27 pm

"Ahh!" Trinity shielded her face from the spray of debris. She tumbled backwards, but used her wings to land gracefully on her feet as opposed to her back. "Hah!" She exclaimed pointing her spear outward with a confident stance. "That's not gonna wor--!!!" Gritting her teeth, the angel clutched the side of her waist. One of the larger shards had sliced into her side during the initial blast. After standing there frozen in shock, she eventually dropped her spear and collapsed to her knees.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:40 pm

Maglor walked toward Trinity, limping slightly because of the blow. He looked at her with a condenscending glare. However, he lowered his hands. "You've been a worthy opponent to fight. Because of you, I have a bit of a new understanding of earth magic now. You wanted to go to Sentinel, am I correct?" Maglor crossed his arms.
"As a reward, I will accompany you to there. You see, there is a blade that I am interested in. Not the blade mind you, but the enchantment that it holds. If I derive the curse, I could possibly use its powers to create new spells."
"If you accept, I'll heal your wounds and go with you."

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:48 pm

Trinity nodded her head. “Yes, you are correct.” She lowered her head until it was touching the ground. Wait a blade? Could it be....? Then she realized her head was leaning into some of her spike traps.
“Ouch,” she complained, forcing her body back upright. “What about the child? He’s coming too—that is if I can figure out where he is….” She thought the boy was scared, especially if he had been watching the fight. “Little boy!” Trinity shouted between breaths for air.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:05 pm

The little boy peeked from behind a tree. He timidly hobbled toward Trinity, fearful of the tall yellow thing that was nearby.
"I don't prefer humans to come along, but...I cannot complain now, can I?" Maglor uttered under his breath. He raised his hands and more healing light bathed Trinity. Her gash closed itself and most of the bruises and burns faded away as well.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:11 pm

"There's nothing wrong with humans--I mean, as long as adult males leave me alone, I'm fine." " Trinity remarked with a scowl upon her face as she reached over and patted the boy on the head. "Besides, this boy looks so cute!" she giggled, as she envisioned what the boy looked like.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 pm

Maglor looked away. "Are we going to Sentinel or not?"
"Someone might take the blade before I do." He stopped for a moment.
"Why are you going to Sentinel, anyway?"

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:32 pm

"Oh, I'm going to Sentinel to..." Trinity paused for a moment, retreating to the depths of her inner thoughts. ...What if he's looking for the same blade, Trini?... He'll take it from you and then Master will be very upset with you! You wouldn't want that, would you?...But what if you made something up?--A quick story or even a sentence! You could let him do all the work as your eyes to the blade! The corner of her mouth curled up into a smile and she blushed a little. "...oh sorry, it's just one of those things. It's kinda embarrassing if I do say so myself. I'm not quite sure if I feel comfortable telling a stranger what a woman like myself has to do in the desert. A man is waiting for me.... I'm a bit nervous."
What in heaven's name did I just say?....And why did I even say that?

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Maglor raised an eyebrow. He gave Trinity a suspicious look and simply quipped: "So how much is this man paying you?" He coughed.
"Never mind. Let me heal myself." He rose his hands and both hands started to light up with a golden glow with some of the light particles falling to the ground.
The boy clung to Trinity, still not trusting the elf.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:47 pm

“Ohohoh, who said anybody would be paying me? I should be the one paying him,” Trinity remarked, putting her hands to her mouth and biting lightly on the tip of her index finger while fluttering her eyelids.
I might as well make up something more legitimate about this man since an elf is probably too smart to believe that an angel would want anything to do with a human, especially after what I said a few minutes ago.
She patted the boy on the head and reassured him that she would protect him from the “mean, old” elf if it were to even dare hurt him.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:55 pm

Maglor was silenced. "I'm going to heal now." The golden light spiraled around Maglor, closing his wounds and making his bruises fade.
The boy still looked away, as if Maglor would throw another fireball.
But Maglor knew something was up. Why would angels visit humans? She obviously is hiding something.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:07 pm

"Heal my wound," Trinity began, placing her right hand against her left breast and leaning nearer until her chin touched Maglor's arm. She moved her head upward and whispered, "Heal the wound inside my heart!" Immediately after speaking, she jumped back a step in case Maglor were to send her flying with a punch. She then stood there slapping her knee and laughing hysterically mostly because she was so nervous that she hadn't a single clue as to how she should be acting in front of an elf. "Eheh!"

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:18 pm

Maglor looked at her like she was mad. "I don't believe in the 'wound inside your heart.' I believe in facts and knowledge, not some fantasy that humans hold dear to. Your simple wound in your heart is just chemicals in your brain, releasing signals to your heart to beat haphazardly, creating an illusion of a broken heart."
The child scowled at Maglor, taking something like the idea of a broken heart and smashing it to the ground.
"Now if you don't have any other imaginary wounds, shall we get to Sentinel, or will this man of yours be gone by the time we decide to even go?" He looked at Trinity with a condescending glare.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum