Lunae Tritium: The Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast

2 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast - Page 2 Empty Re: A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast

Post  Hakurei Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:26 pm

The boy looked at the angel, wondering what was wrong. He gently tugged at the angel's robe and tapped the ground with his foot. He hoped that this would tell the angel that they were on a gravel road that would take her to the village.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maglor got up and left the inn, still keeping his room door key. He set off to get more ingredients before the day ended.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast - Page 2 Empty Re: A "Fallen" Angel's Quest to the Coast

Post  FlightlessFledgling Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:31 pm

"Oh?" Trinity felt the gravel underneath her feet. A pathway? Maybe to a village? Yay! What she did next was somewhat appalling. Using her free hand, she scooped up the child and carried him off with her toward the village because she assumed he must live there and that she was doing him a favor by carrying him. Humming happily to herself, she walked down the path, with her spear dragging across the ground in front of her.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:35 pm

The boy was startled and started patting Trinity's head, signaling her to stop. With each pat, each pat became more harder and harder. He couldn't speak out of fear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maglor came to the outskirts of the village, picking more flowers and mushrooms. He saw the strange sight of an angel and her boy. He got up and started to return to his inn room, not wanting to talk to the angel.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:41 pm

"Cute," Trinity giggled as the boy whacked on her head. She stopped a moment and looked around. "Huh? I could have sworn I heard somebody walking," she remarked before continuing toward the village. The angel knew she had reached the village when she heard the clamor of blacksmith tools striking heated metal and the gasps of nearby people. "...?" She couldn't really tell if there were any people near her because the child was still whacking on her head and this was distracting her. "Could you please stop, boy?" she asked in a motherly tone. "It was cute for about five minutes and then it started to hurt...."

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:44 pm

"............." The boy stopped, worried about getting back home. How would he get back home now? Especially since this angel thinks that he lives here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I swear, if she is looking for me, I am not going to be happy." The elf just lay on his bed, reading his spell tomes and practicing conjuring small imps.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:48 pm

Still carrying the boy against her shoulder with one arm, Trinity walked over to a person. "Excuse me, have you seen a man?" she asked, her back facing the person she had wanted to speak with. She waited patiently for a reply. A few of the farmers tilling the nearby land with their oxen-like beasts snickered at the angel's odd antics.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:58 pm

"Wha-, a man? What kind of man?" The villager asked, chopping wood while inquiring, not looking at the person talking to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Imp, go find some broc flowers and mushrooms for me. And make sure that you are unseen." Maglor said as he decided to sleep.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:00 pm

"Um, I don't really know what he looks like. I guess he's a grumpy-sounding man....Maybe he's tall? I dunno. He seemed tall when I spoke with him.... And by the way is this anybody's kid? If not, I guess I can take care of him," Trinity giggled as she propped Arani between her armpit and used her hand to ruffle the boy's hair.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:28 pm

"That boy?" The man looked up to see an angel. "By the gods, you're an angel." The man was a tad surprised. "Er..." The man remembered the angel's question. "That boy doesn't belong to anyone here. In fact, he lives far away from here, in the old cabin, by himself."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The imp hid itself within the flora, looking for those hard to find ingredients that his master wanted him to find.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:33 pm

Realizing that she wasn't facing the man she was talking to, Trinity turned around and sighed. Ooops.... To some races that could have been seen as a sign of arrogance. I hope I didn't offend him....Anyway, I better answer him before he thinks I am weird....
"By himself, huh?" Trinity scowled a little. "I thought you said you had a mother and a father......" She squinted very intensely, bringing her face closer to the child until her nose touched his. "Why did you lie?" she asked him in a tone of disappointment.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:45 pm

"I do!!" the boy yelled indignantly, showing a rare moment of loudness. "They are just gone for a little bit! They told me to wait in the house because they were going to get food. I know that they were gone for few days...But I know that they will come back!" The boy refused to even let Trinity believe that he didn't have parents. But the boy knew that his parents wern't coming back. He knew that they were dead. But he refused to let that take him down. He knew that they were still there somewhere, and that they were waiting for him.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:50 pm

"Woah, I didn't know the kid had a feisty side to him," Trinity uttered as a side remark. She really did not know whether or not to believe the boy since she wasn't all that truthful as a child herself. Ignoring the boy's sudden outburst, the angel turned her head back in the direction she had originally heard the farmer man's voice. "So, is there an inn or a traveler's hostile in this village? I might as well go there to find out where the man I speak of went...." She flapped her wings a couple of times to rid them of their numbness from lack of use.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:55 pm

"Oh yes, there is the Autumn Harvest inn over there. I heard that a strange man just took a room over there." The man pointed at the direction of the inn. "He a friend of yours?"
The boy pouted and turned away at the man and Trinity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maglor decided to just sleep, knowing that there isn't anything to do anyway. He took the burlap bedcover and hoisted it above his body, turning the candlelight off and dozing off.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:09 pm

"No, not at all," Trinity said to the man before bidding him farewell and walking off in the general direction that she had heard the man's arm swish. "Hmm? This must be the inn," Trinity said to the boy when she felt the presence of a medium-sized building in front of her.

When Trinity entered the inn, the owner stared at her in awe, he had never been visited by an angel before. Before handing her a room key, he wondered whether or not she would be comfortable in this rickety old inn, as it originally served the purpose of sheltering animals and farming equipment before being remodeled into a homely place for travelers. Her wings would practically take up all the free space she had in a single guest room, that is, if she were to expand them. After handing Trinity the key, the man pulled out a candle like he had done for his other guests. He handed it to Trinity, but she turned it away blushing after she felt its shape and texture. "It's fine. I don't need that, but thank you," she said as she walked down the hallway. Which room is mine? How will I know? While holding Arani and the boy, the angel dragged her fingers along the wall until she felt the knob of a door. Luckily, this first room was indeed hers otherwise she would have spent endless hours disturbing the other guests as she painstakingly tried the key on every room. That was lucky, she thought to herself as she tossed Arani onto the pile of hay covering the mattress that was supposed to be her bed. Then she gently set the boy down on the hay before locking the room behind her.
“Hmm…” Trinity picked up her spear again and leaned it against the wall (spear tip in contact with the ground). She then pressed the palm of her right hand onto the wall and leaned casually against it with her legs making a forty-five degree angle with the flat dirt floor. Just as she was about to say something she heard a snap followed by a slight crumbling noise. Her eyes widened and she felt the urge to flap her wings to regain her balance, but it happened all too fast for her to respond. CRAAAACK! A portion of the wall collapsed into the room next door, taking Trinity along with it. “Oooof!” The angel would have fallen face first had she not carelessly thrown her arms outward to break her fall. She immediately pushed herself up onto her knees and proceeded to gripe about the village. "Gaaah! Why me!? The gods are playing tricks on me! Master said that I would become less divine, but I am starting to think that he lied! I have been turned into an absolute klutz!" She wailed as she gripped onto the tufts of brown hair on the back of her head. "This place sucks! I wanna go back home to Skeila!....Mm?" The angel fell silent for a moment. She felt her body rising and falling in a gentle rhythm. ".........Wait a minute...........Am I....?" Yes, she was indeed sitting on a person. But where is his head? She wondered, blushing a little as she moved her hands up the person's chest. I hope he isn't a human....I've heard terrible stories about some human men.... Perhaps he is a giant? No, it wasn't a giant! It was...

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:25 pm

"GET OFF OF ME!!" Maglor literally threw Trinity off him and slung a ember at her. Maglor was absolutely indignant and horrified at the event. He couldn't even speak or do anything because of the absolute shock he is. All he did was scream obscenities and outraged words at the angel that fell right on him. The boy heard the commotion and rushed to the door. He started trying to open it with no avail.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:33 pm

Trinity was able flap her wings a few times to cancel out Maglor’s rough toss and small ember before causing further damage to the inn. “What is your problem?” Trinity asked in a calmer voice as she folded her wings against her back and dropped onto her knees again. “It’s not my fault that this inn was poorly constructed!” she exclaimed in an innocent tone. “And hush your voice, there is a small child in my room! You’re probably scaring the poor thing half to death! Sheesh! Humans.......” She grumbled.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:37 pm

"HOW DARE YOU?!" Maglor's voice rose higher in volume. "Don't you dare mistaken me as a human!! You threaten my pride and order me to silence?!" Maglor simply had no way of calming down. "Very well then! I will teach you why no being ever insults a High Elf!" Maglor charged a fireball and flung it at Trinity. The boy cowered in the darkness, not knowing what even happened, or why something smelled like it was burning.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:45 pm

“Stop it! You’re going to burn the place down!” Trinity wailed as she threw her body into the fireballs. Had she dodged them, they would have set the place up in flames just like that. “Please stop!” she exclaimed a second time, now worried how she could counter his attacks. She did not want to use her earth magic…. A small tremble could knock the entire inn down. What in heaven’s name am I to do!? There is absolutely no room in here for me to fight! Trinity reached into her pocket and threw some sand in the direction she had last heard Maglor. She immediately clutched onto her arm afterward because the stinging pain from the burns was just too much.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Maglor responded by switching to a continuous stream of cold through both his palms. His seething rage didn't cool down, unlike his choice of spells.

~~~~~

The little boy found that one of the hinges was moldy and old. He kicked it, disabling it, and pushed the door so that he could squeeze underneath. The other guests were hysterical and maddened, screaming about what was even going on.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Trinity continued to throw sand haphazardly while ducking to avoid random projectiles. As she was muttering an angelic language, some ice struck the tip of her wing and made her wail in pain. At the same time the pieces of sand burst into large, sharp stellate crystals-- a bit prematurely but it was still an okay attack. She had to get back to Arani. That was her only option for fighting. The spear wouldn’t be as destructive to the actual inn and it would be much easier for her to weed Maglor out in such a confined space.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Maglor was hit in the arm by the crystals. Not much damage was done, but the elf grunted in pain and briefly stopped his attack. No need for a healing spell yet, he to continue pinning her down. He continued with his frozen barrage, weaker, but still persistent. The boy saw the whole scene and panicked. "STOP!!!" the boy yelled, throwing a piece of the rubble at Maglor. It hit him square in the face, stopping his ice spell and stunning him for a bit. The elf clutched his face, yelling even more obscenities.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:45 pm

Trinity let herself be knocked backwards by icy projectiles. As she tumbled, she managed to reunite with her spear the moment the boy had run in to distract Maglor. Her body ached from Seryth’s magic and now felt a newly awakened pain from Maglor’s magic—she just wanted the fighting to end so that she could go consult the poor child she had found in the forest. “Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop!” Trinity shrieked, hacking and slashing wildly in all directions. She fanned her wings out and left them out as she ran around the room like a madwoman. Despite making herself a larger target, she had also eliminated a lot of the space in the room with her wingspan. Now she was almost guaranteed to trap Maglor on one side of the room—and if he ran over to the opposite side, she would feel him brush against her wings. “Arani shall pass judgment upon you, you heartless bastard!” the angel exclaimed, jabbing and swiping at every sound she heard, including the creaking floorboard which only covered half the floor. She didn’t care anymore, she just wanted to impale the elf with the spear even if it meant burning/freezing/scalding every last piece of cloth and flesh on her body.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Maglor knew that he was screwed unless he did something. Then he noticed the angel's eyes. She was blind. Maglor concentrated, silently releasing a tiny ember into the old, dry tinder of the wall. Before he did, he yelled at the top of his lungs to warn the humans to leave the inn. The dry wall caught fire and spread quickly.
The tenants did not hesitate to run. Before the fire spread quickly, they immediately evacuated the small inn, leaving only the angel and elf there. The little boy was taken by one of the guests, in charity for the poor boy.
Maglor continued to set fire to more of the inn's room, trying to distract the angel with the chaos of the fleeing guests and roaring flames. He bit his lip, hoping that it would buy him some time.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlightlessFledgling Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Trinity felt a blast of hot air and started to panic. “Oh, no! Little boy, where are you?” the angel shouted at the top of her lungs over all of the other noises as she frantically felt around the room. She tried listening for tiny footsteps but all she could hear were the raging flames and screams of guests evacuating. I still can’t use my earth magic! The burning building will collapse on me! I have to get out of here! Trinity fled out the burning door, listening carefully for any breeze that might indicate the hotter air rushing out through open doorways to mix with the cooler more dense air. “Ahah!” She exclaimed as she relocated the exit. She started running for the exit but a wooden beam was there for her trip over and that is exactly what she did… However, this time she used her wings to prevent herself from falling. Once she made it outdoors she remained about 15 feet in the air, flapping her mighty wings occasionally to keep herself in flight. “For once, I feel a lot safer up here,” she remarked to herself as she wiped away a tear from the corner of her eye.

FlightlessFledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakurei Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Maglor sighed in relief. But he had to escape the burning inn first. He found a doorway that would lead outside, but when he ran for it, debris fell and buried the escape. Cursing his luck, he found that there was no way out of the building. How would he get out of this predicament? He started to cough and his eyes started to water. He crouched down to avoid the smoke. He had to find a way out and fast.

~~~~~~~~~

"That's the angel! That's the one who burned down the inn with the elf!!" An angry villager pointed at Trinity. The crowd started to yell and express their displeasure, sounding like an angered dissonant choir.

Hakurei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next